Jeremy has been strategizing and building web solutions for clients since 2010. There’s a lot that goes into the process of building a great website, and the code is just one part of it. If you want to work with a developer that has done every step in the process from discovery to launch, let’s talk.
Born and raised here in Vancouver, Washington, I was introduced to HTML in 1995 while attending Clark College. I’ve been building websites professionally since 2010 and am a husband and father of 3 amazing kids that are growing up way too fast. I’ve loved coffee and beards since before it was a hipster thing. I’m a musician and singer and love being involved in music at my church. Although life has taken me in many different directions, one thing that continues to drive me is my passion to see people achieve their dreams. Whether it’s a small business, a product launch, a non-profit, or a multimillion dollar company, I love being a part of moving them forward.
Scroll down to read my story.
After my 12 year career as a pastor ended, I decided to take a chance and start doing freelance graphic design. Although my main focus was print design at that point, people kept requesting websites, so I decided to dive in and learn WordPress. In that time I focused on mastering
- The Adobe Creative Suite
- Learn WordPress
- Reteach myself HTML
- WordPress Templating and Theme building
- Managing Clients
- Account Management
- Managing an internal team of designers and developers
- Reviewing resumes & involvement with employee on-boarding and off-boarding
- Developing Company wide systems to improve quality and efficiency
- WordPress theme development
- Custom functionality including Payment Processing integrations
- Advanced skills in PHP, mySQL, and jQuery
- Client Management
- Internal Team Management
- Participated on the Executive Team influencing company vision and direction.
- Managing a small Windows Network (20 stations)
- Implementing regular backups
- Installing security appliances
- Managing a team through significant change in every system that had formerly been in place (replacing 3 websites, 2 major business critical systems)
- Building a custom WordPress-based solution that integrated a number of broken systems into an integrated process that improved efficiency, reduced potential for errors, and reduced the turn-around time and effort required to complete a task from 4-6 weeks, to inside of a week.
- Building & managing vendor relationships
- Choosing the right outside partner
- Communicating expectations
- Developing a WordPress Theme
- Object-Oriented PHP with the help of my mentor Carl Alexander
- WordPress Plugin Security
- Setting up an S-Corp & other business and tax stuff
- Defining my ideal client
- Writing my business plan
- Managing my time when no one is watching (which is pretty much never)
- Expanding my wardrobe with a wider variety of pajama pants